The Network Architect will act as a “hands on” subject matter expert for network technology and is responsible for network systems design, builds, and operational support. He will play a central role in strategic solutions and collaborate closely with the operation teams, and peer architects to ensure that technical and business requirements of the network architecture are met. The Network Architect will also work closely with the technical teams to facilitate the troubleshooting and isolation of system issues, and in certain situations, develop strategies, scripts, etc to help automate maintenance and performance monitoring. He will also assist project teams with technical issues including the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy, research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out solutions.
- Oversee DC management, systems management and monitoring, networking, and security systems.
- Provide planning, installing, configuring, and upgrading support for vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator and NSX-V.
- Expert level experience with VMware and advanced technologies
- Extensive knowledge of networking and security products, solutions, and services, Network security tools and networking concepts such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, and Security/Trust Zones.
- Create Network Designs, Blueprints and Standards for the implementation in the DCs
- Understanding of VLAN routing between L3 devices and VMware support configuration using NSX
- Provide support of L2/L3 understanding in a Leaf-Spine configuration of network infrastructure to VMware best practice using NSX
- L3 dynamic routing (e.g. BGP)
- Troubleshooting network problems and outages
- Ability to develop use cases supporting containers and an NSX-T approach.
- Designing secure network system, configuration and system installation
- Responsible for creating documentation and presentation for VMware deployments and the delivery of complex Solutions
- Knowledge and experience designing and developing solutions using VMWare’s Core Cloud Infrastructure
- Understanding of modern IT and DevOps DC’s and cloud operations.
- Experience with monitoring solutions such VMware vRealize.
- Operational background (ITIL processes, network operations and support)
Required Experience and Education:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field.
- VCP-DCV, VCP-NV, CCNA, CCNP certifications or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience in designing, implementing and maintaining network infrastructure at different scales (LAN/WAN/MAN)
- Extensive experiences with Layer 2, 3, and 4 technologies, with the ability to apply the knowledge and experience in the design and implementation of global service provider’s core and backbone network
- Experience with various networking technology, including MPLS, VPLS, VLAN, VxLAN, LTM/GTM, BGP, ACL, NAT, VPN, IPv4/IPv6
- Experience with software-defined network, such as VMWare NSX
- Background in automated network environments, Network components and concepts such as:
- Routers, switches, load balancers, and other networking and security components
- Virtual networking components, dynamic routing protocols
- Networking protocols such as BGP and OSPF
- VLANs, VPN, Unicast vs Multicast, Management Networks, IP subnetting, and network design
- NSX Vmware with VR & VRO
- Scripting skills
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems both independently and within cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated, a team player, and exhibit a high degree of professionalism