Team Lead Data Center IT Technician
The Team Lead Data Center IT Technician is responsible to ensure the stable operation of the Information Technology infrastructure, including network & server hardware installation. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing patching, lift and shifts of network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime. He will also diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software connectivity problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and support where required. This position also supports and maintains the inter DC logistics for IT equipment.
In his role, the Team Lead Data Center IT Technician will lead a team of Datacenter IT Technicians providing supervision, he must be able to accurately prioritize tasks and work with limited direction or assistance.
Key accountabilities :
Responsibilities are wide ranging including acting as team lead, managing and coordinating Service Improvement initiatives and providing guidance to the team as appropriate.
Interact with leadership, peers and customers: Assess and determine IT service request infrastructure and delivery requirements. Identify and escalate problems; provide administration, technical support for the IT Patching and Logistics service; including 3rd party, e.g.:
- Build technical documentation, policies, and operating procedures
- Prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
- Manage a team of technical individuals, goals and objectives, ensuring mentoring and assistance
- Participate in and manage technical project work
- Own, identify, diagnose and manage issues to resolution
- Installation planning and co-ordination
- Activity report management including Incident/Request/Problem follow-up and escalation management including monitoring and reporting of the SLAs
- Ensure pro-active evolution & optimization of service delivery organization, methods and tools
- General review of patching and adherence to best practices including maintaining records of DC patching equipment and tools
Skills and Experience :
- 5 years’ experience working in production Data Centre with IT Hardware ( Tier 1 ), Data Centre patching and Data Centre specific tools
- Advanced knowledge of Data Centre computer room infrastructure
- Fundamental working knowledge of Data Centre cabling standards and best practices (Fibre, copper,..), e.g. EIA/TIA
- Ability to accurately perform cable testing and certification (Fibre and copper)
- Physically capable of performing the duties of the position, including safely bending, squatting, stretching, lifting and handling DC equipment on a regular basis.
- Proven analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- General working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite desktop applications
- Highly motivated, self-directed and detail-oriented individual
- Ability and willingness to acquire new and evolving job-related skills
- Strong oral and written communications
- Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment;
- Service-oriented mind-set;
- ITIL Professional Certification is considered as an asset
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP networking is considered as an asset