The Architect is responsible for the definition of Monitoring architecture.
The Architect will also assist project teams with technical issues including the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy, research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out solutions.
- Design and review monitoring architecture
- Responsible for the evolution of the products, and the implementation of future versions
- Participate in the definition of procedures to be used by technical teams
- Impact assessment
- Provides technical lead for the SCOM and Nagios Monitoring technologies
- Capacity management for the monitoring tools
- Participate in the integration with collaborative tools and components
- Promote and follow prescribed project management guidelines for projects
- Maintain documentation for all operational / support processes for the systems supported; automate repetitive processes where appropriate
- Stay current with new technologies and techniques as appropriate
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field or the equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 6 to 10 years of related work experience including solid exposure to enterprise architecture
- Proven experience in SCOM and/or Nagios (any other monitoring tool is considered as an asset);
- Ability to understand and design complex architecture for monitoring;
- Understanding of the monitored technologies like windows, Unix, Linux, storage bays, …
- Knowledge of OS (Windows/Unix) based infrastructure services, processing, monitoring, scripting languages (powershell, shell, python etc) .… is considered as an asset;
- Proven experience programming languages is considered as an asset;
- Experience in application/network performance and availability monitoring
- Knowledge of ITIL functions and processes;
- Experience with administration methods, CMD, Console, WLST is considered as an asset;
- Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment;
- Service-oriented mind-set;
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally in a clear and concise manner;
- Initiative, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) is essential;
- Any other European language is a plus.